View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 12:10 PM
Ken Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballsun View Post
Hi Tim, we both know how tough this set is, but we and other collectors of the set have tried to help each other out, when possible. Thanks to Tim, Ken Marks, Rick Johnson, Stew Jones, and some others.
I did my Post cereal sets around 2002. I used to love to buy large lots. The price per card was usually cheaper that way.
By the time my Post cereal sets were complete, I had picked up about 75% of the 1962 Post Canadians and the 1963 Jell-os. I had only picked up about 60 of the 1962 Jell-Os.
I didn't know if I wanted to do any of those 3 sets, I knew they would be tough and expensive. I left them alone and moved on to other things.
In 2019, I decided to return to those sets. I guessed the 1962 Jell-O set would be a 10 year project, at a minimum. So I'm now in my 6th year. I have made a lot of progress, but I still need some toughies. Will I make it ?
At the rate of progress you are doing, pretty sure you will make it. Probably not at the speed you might hope, but certainly really quick compared to most guys. You and Rick just have the knack of coming up with SP cards very regularly.