View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default '85 topps comparisons

I'm with Rich on this one, I don't think they're counterfeited. Nobody has ever had enough of them, and they aren't worth enough to take the time to do. I took a look at them side by side under my magnifier and could see no areas of concern. The rosette pattern is the same and there is solid color everywhere there should be. Another question then would be, were they possibly photocopied? Again my answer would be no. I have two team sets of the white back proofs and each one has the registration off, most noticeably the red plate which is up and to the left. This was not found on the tan backs or the stat backs. By no means am I a professional but it is my humble opinion that the white backs are legit. I, however, will let you draw your own conclusion. I'm providing scans of all variations side by side and a high res of a Pedro Guerrero white blank back per your request. Have fun!

By the way, since I do have an expendable copy of each Dodgers white back I would be willing to trade straight up for a red ink only back of any Dodger since I don't have those variations. I also need a tan back Yeager. Thanks!