View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:24 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

[QUOTE=BobC;2309685]

A little trivia. Besides Lemmy, THE legendary Ginger Baker was a one-time member of Hawkwind, and they also collaborated with Eno for a period in the '70s as well. Also, many people know of Stephen Kings' musical interest and his performances with the band, Rock Bottom Remainders. But the King of Horror was nowhere near the first ever well-known author to be a rock performer. Michael Moorcock, a famous and prolific science-fiction/fantasy writer (if you don't believe me, go look him up) also performed with Hawkwind for a time in the '70s and was good friends with members of the group. In fact, in 1976, along with co-author Michael Butterworth, Moorcock released the science fiction/fantasy novel "Time of the Hawklords" based on, around, and including all the then current members of Hawkwind as the main characters of this science-fiction/fantasy book. To my knowledge, it is the first time ANY band was ever made the subject of a true science fiction/fantasy novel, and also not just the first, but also maybe the ONLY band to my knowledge to have ever have that distinction as well. I think I still have my paperback copy buried down somewhere in my storage room.

Arthur Brown (The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - 'Fire) and Lene Lovich (new wave singer - 'New Toy") also played with the band.

To further the trivia: If you watch the video of 'Fire' on youtube from "Top of the Pops" (TOTP) you will see Carl Palmer playing the drums. He did not play on the recording, but joined the band shortly thereafter as an 18 year old.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”