View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Default Anybody have experience using Gavelsnipe?

Posted By: Jim VB

Jim Dale,

You said: "There was chatter on another board of people having issue but I seriously think it was user error."

I started a thread on this board a month or two ago about this issue. It was NOT user error. I have used Gavelsnipe for about a year. I have made 450 or so bids and 6-8 times they have failed to place the bid. I'm obviously not talking about times that my bid has fallen below the current bidding range. I'm talking about times that my bid was substantially over the final selling price and they list thr reason as "Ebay network error."

One time they listed "Invalid Ebay password." In that instance, I had placed a string of bids for multiple items from the same seller. The failed bid came in the middle of the string. Hence, my password was "valid" on items 1,2,and 3, "Invalid" on item 4, and "valid" again on items 5-9.

Ben,

All problems aside, I like them as a company. They have had some problems with their servers getting through to Ebay, but it has been rare and seems better in the last couple of months. As frustrating as it is when they miss a bid, it is the internet we're talking about and sometimes you just don't get through. I'm mad when it happens, but I would still recommend them as a snipe service.