View Single Post
Old 07-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default "...there is a hole threw the card where right eye was"

Posted By: scott (runscott)

If more of the people with the knowledge and experience would post, people like me would not get bored and drag garbage from ebay onto the board. Honestly, I realize that most of the time I am talking to myself - if I really want to discuss vintage cards I have to get on the phone or send some emails.

I started a thread about this subject once before, but it died immediately. No one wants to ruffle the feathers of the experts, but let's be honest - we would all like to see better stuff on this board, and this IS the best forum I know of for vintage card discussions. Perhaps there is some monthly virtual meeting where all the gods of cards get together and smoke pipes and discuss their million-dollar collections...

I also started a thread about the scarcity of t205 backs - remember that one? I'd be surprised, as it died almost immediately. I offered to gather all the information that the experts cared to share, and create a useful list (yes, I would do the work - I just wanted a few brain dumps). Most collectors would enjoy seeing the same sort of info about t205 backs that we saw in Doug and Art's (I think it was them) VCBC article on t206 backs, which made the t206museum look plain silly. But here's where everyone can whack me on the back of the hand again...the people with the knowledge do not want others to know about it. Their theory is that then the great deals would disappear. I disagree. BTW, thanks to the 2 people who sent information to me on t205 backs.

Also, I don't plan to be leaving this hobby any time soon, and I can promise you that 20 years from now I will be more than willing to share whatever knowledge I have with any of the future runscotts out there, in a public forum. Hold me to it. See you in the chatroom (I need to use some profanity)

"Teach a kid how to be a good loser and that's what he'll grow up to be" - Scott G's Dad