View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Dan</b><p>A few posts above, Corey had asked if people were willing to spend 1/10 hoping for a leap of faith. I would like to respond as a person who actually bought some items. I think it is actually a lack of information. I first stumbled across their auctions when I received a monthly flyer in the mail. Not being an autograph buyer, I just assumed that if they had a COA that were genuine. Luckily I found this forum and learned that this is not case. But that knowledge came a year to late and about $1,000 worth of bogus items. I learned an expensive but valuable lesson. I would also like to comment on Stat Authentic. I actually emailed both individuals (Ted Taylor and Jeff Stevens, they both claimed that the items were authentic in their "opinion". That is how they get around things, they state that it is their opinion that the items are authentic. The one gentleman (the one that used to work at the Babe Ruth Museum) was very nice and was willing to try and help. He even was willing to look at the items I had purchased without COA's and check them for me. The other gemntleman was angry (not at me) but at everyone that bad mouthed CC or Stat and even talked about filing libel suits. Obviously will never happen. Just thought I would give you some insite on why some people may be buying items. They just may not know.