Thread: SGC pricing
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Default SGC pricing

Posted By: scott

Rob I haven't sold any cards to base the value on. Not recently anyway. Only my purchase prices. I seem to have become a hoarder and find it difficult to let anything go. Every item I own has a story to go with it...hence the basis of my collecting obsessions. The stories about each item is the best part of the hobby for me. I've purchased so many of my cards and other "holdings" in places as far away as New Zealand and South Africa. Its amazing how American products seem to have spread out. Keep in mind that tobacco/cigarettes started their life in the states.Baseball cards among all cards were first introduced in pakgs of cigarettes. Mr Duke not only had his hands in the colonies but also around the globe. If you ever have the opportunity to visit England you'd be dumb founded as to the extent of American cards that are in the hands of collectors there. My very close friend who passed away about 3 months ago David Grimes was a Brit and he had introduced me to the expanded universe of card collecting. Sorry to get off topic.
Just finished my first cup of coffee and am feeling rather winded.