Thread: SGC pricing
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Default SGC pricing

Posted By: JK

"In my mind, 100% of card collecting dollars are no longer in cards; instead, a considerable portion of it is diverted over to slab companies... Imagine what would happen in a real estate transaction if, after closing, the buyer and seller sought out another agent to 'resubmit' the deal so they could pay another commission."

There is so much that I find incorrect in this statement its mind boggling. If I pay to have a card graded, in my opinion, Ive improved the card. My card looks great "framed" in an sgc slab; its protected; its authenticated (yes, I knew it was authentic when I bought it and when I sent it in, but its still a benefit); finally, in all liklihood, Ive added to the value of my card. Yes, I know its the same card, but if its worth 100 raw and its worth 500 slabbed and I spent $20 to get it slabbed, I'd say that its money well spent.

As for a real estate transaction, if I could buy a house, put a bubble around it and have it double in value - I'd pay for that service (maybe even 6% - though, if your paying 6%, your not negotiating a good enough deal for yourself).