View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Scott S

Thanks guys - I only saw the listing in the final day or two, and thought it was worth a shot, since the cover was described in fine details, just not pictured!
========
"That's right, it's the photographic mastery of Carl Horner, the era's premier baseball lensman whose work populates the most collectible tobacco and candy card sets of the day. That's the famous multi-million dollar Honus Wagner T206 image third from left on the bottom row. Every top Hall of Famer is here--Baker, Cobb, Lajoie, Walsh, Speaker, Chase, Johnson, Wallace, Mathewson, Chance, Bresnahan--with brightly colored artwork surrounding upon the hinged wooden lid.
... Light storage wear is all that we can report in terms of condition flaws to the exterior, with one dime-sized area of loss clear of the portraits."
========
This link shows a similar game which REA sold a few years ago, which seems in a bit lesser condition than mine, which went for $2,233. Other listings I found went $2,500 to close to $4,000, in varying conditions.

I can't believe a consignor would let the listing go off without a picture of the cover, which obviously is where the value sits. Maybe they consigned a bunch of things and didn't notice this listing? I would be pissed indeed!