Thread: Bursting Bubble
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 06:44 AM
T0dd M@rcum

I think a lot of the big money that came into it has taken those cards out of circulation for the longterm. There are warehouses full of art no one will ever see. I actually think people began seeing baseball cards like art.

While I think things will level off, I don't think there's going to be a bubble pop unless there is a baseball work stoppage. People don't care what basketball and football players do...the fan base is enthusiastic but their view of history is short term. Baseball fans take every labor issue and new record contract as a personal affront and start whining about how they will never be able to afford to go to a game again. Fact of the matter is that during the 2020 season you could get often get tickets for less than the price of a movie in many markets so long as you were not wanting weekend tickets or to see one of the super popular teams (Yankees, Red Sox, etc.).

Personally I never worry about the business side of baseball. For those who gave up on it in 95 or 96, I'm sorry you felt that way but you missed some amazing players.