View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 09:23 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim F View Post
I have been seeing posts like this for years. Put the card in an envelope and head to USPS. Get yourself a tracking number and off you go. No problem. It's Canada, not somewhere half way around the world. It may be too expensive but the buyer pays shipping anyway.

I ship dozens of packages a month from Canada to the US and only remember 1 issue in the last decade.

If it's a high value item, FedEx all the way, never use UPS for cross border shipping. Make sure the buyer is aware that customs charges will apply if you're not comfortable sending at a lower value
The story I read the other day involved a seller sending an item bought on Ebay to Canada. He had to send to eBay authentication before it could go to Canada. Authentication sent it to a PO Box in Canada, but somehow it was bounced back to the US as undeliverable, and it did not return to ebay, but rather was labeled as lost. EBay froze the account of the seller, through no fault of his own. After nearly two months, eBay paid back the seller. The card was sold by USPS to a lost merchandise buyer, and the card ended up on eBay again.

I don't believe anything like this will happen to me....I mean, I sent boxes from Thailand by 6-8 weeks boat ride that arrived safely. But I also wasn't sending a valuable card either and didn't care if some necklaces and film got lost.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo