View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 08:02 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
In Detroit in the mid 1970s we had a collectors club, which I believe was called the South East Michigan Collectors Association. If there had been a letterhead, it would have to have been printed on the horizontal. Tim Zwick, whom I believe is out there, could fill us in on the club's short history. Dues were something like $5 a year.

We just couldn't generate interest, which is a puzzle as the Detroit conventions always were popular.

Chicago had a number of advanced collectors as well, but their club did much better attracting members. I believe they would host a show and have their meeting at the same time.

This doesn't have much to do with the above, but Mr. Mint, who was like a hurricane, walked around with a small suitcase filled with cash. I think everyone knows that. He kept after Frank Nagy, hoping Nagy would let him run amok....Frank Nagy, who had seen it all, would just say, "Bring more suitcases...."
lumberjack
I've read many stories of Mr. Mint, but that one is pretty funny. I would love to hear more of the history behind that Association.