View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 08:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Maybe it was the house. Didn't PWCC do that with their clients? Probably not all that uncommon with most houses who have clients who are close with the house. Personally I would not be having chats about the value of cards I am interested in with an auction house.

Cannot say if he got a great deal or not, long or short term but he definitely set a comp and those who fear missing out will use that sale as the current benchmark. Expect to see even stronger prices paid on these for the near future.
Yeah I remember a guy who posted about a PSA 9 52B Musial here who was actually bragging about how he had reviewed his target price with Brent (I guess it made him seem self-important?) and lo and behold that's where it went. LOL. And not surprisingly it later was identified by Blowout as recolored. Oops.

No idea about the Wagner except still waiting to hear from the winner on what he based his expectancy of a 50K price.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-14-2023 at 08:15 PM.