View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 03:12 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
An old roommate/coworkers brother ran security for the channel for a while.
Offered to put me on the guest list whenever, a connection I only used a couple times. One of them I casually said "I'm guessing with the band being popular there's no chance " "No problem, you want backstage passes?"

Played paintball with the bouncers a few times, they played once, hated the cheating from the other team. So they rented the field as a private party. Loads of fun. It was a bit strange though, most of my friends were computer guys and I was a mechanic so I was a bit stronger. At the paintball games and helping my friend move, I was the smallest guy on the field. Moving went from one group saying "wait for help before you roll the fridge down the ramp " (didn't need help or wait, small fridge already on wheels) To "Oh, Steve you can carry..... this lamp? "
I used to go to the Channel to get autographs of the musicians when they walked in. Easiest place ever as there was no other way to go in. I would walk in with the musicians and watch the sound checks - Leslie West, Tubes, Big Audio Dynamite, Rick James, John Entwistle etc. No one ever bothered me because they knew I would hang around, get my items signed and leave. Peter Lembo who managed the Channel, and the Stompers was a good acquaintance of mine. He was a baseball memorabilia/autograph collector. He knew I was one of the few true music autograph collectors in Boston. He also collected music items. He owned one of Elvis's cars. He later managed Matthew's Arena at Northeastern. His brother was an attorney there. Both were Pirates fans.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”