View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
If that was from his Gateway Major League Debut cover, all I can think is what a shame.

In my opinion that cover matted with his HOF PC would be a great combo in that it would tell a story.

As a collector, as shown above, giving consideration to how many better presented autographs are available, I find it amusing at best.

However, I respect that whoever owns an autograph (or card, etc.) can do whatever they want with it, but sometimes I just don't get it.

If someone does what they want for their personal collection I can respect that. If it brings them pleasure, who am I to question.
It is indeed from the gateway debut cover. I'm a history major, so that part of it is special for me. That's about as rookie as you can get with Junior's auto, save for a few minor league signatures. I really have no reservations about leaving it in the case I would just want to make sure it had value should I ever need to sell it.

As for the bold quote above, and "telling a story" it really does make sense. His career started with his debut (the Gateway auto) and ended with the HoF (the postcard.) It's a piece that connects both ends of his amazing career.

I can get if for $100 even and free shipping. Is that a good deal for a Junior auto?

Last edited by AstroJake09; 02-16-2021 at 03:44 PM.