View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 09:25 AM
Al Richter

Taylor---I have no independent knowledge as to the source of the photos used in the World Wide 1933 Negro All Star set beyond the statement in the 2011 Standard Catalog that they came from the Sporting News Conlon files. I do agree that those 12 photos have a different look from those that serve as the basis for the other Conlon set

On the 3d 1991 Conlon set I need some clarity of what I am missing. I have one set where the first 67 cards have HOF and a year in a banner on the front of the cards, and the backs of those 67 have a copyright for both The Sporting News and Curtis Management. For cards 68 to 330 there is no HOF banner on the front and only The Sporting News copyright is on the backs. None of the 330 cards has the MLB logo.

The second set also has the HOF banners on the first 67 cards but also has the MLB logo in addition to the copyrights for The Sporting News and Curtis Management. From 68 to 330 there are no HOF banners but they do have the MLB logo and the Sporting News copyright ( No Curtis Management ).

Walk me through the makeup of the 3d set