View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
No offense but Rivkin couldn’t be picked out of a lineup by 99.999% of Americans. Baseball fans will remember his record. Most people won’t.

Would have been Ali before he died. He was on a separate realm. Today could be Shaq due to his size and uniqueness.

Think about all the publicity when Ali died. CNN broadcast his funeral for hours. Do you think Bobby Orr or Cal Ripken are even in the same celebrity universe as that. Nope. By that standard might well be Tiger Woods. He won some tournament last week I never heard of and it was massive news.
Ali literally could not go anywhere without being instantly recognized and mobbed. To be sure, an interesting transformation from a man who at times behaved deplorably to a world icon, but he certainly had the intelligence and charisma and gift of connecting to people to pull it off.

I just don't see Woods in that role. He doesn't have the outsize personality or the human touch of an Ali.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-06-2019 at 09:01 PM.