View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 AM

Robert/Joe/Ben,

Sorry for the delay, I don't come on N54 much anymore. Yes, storing sheets so the edges don't get roughened and keeping the backs from rubbing makes collecting sheets a difficult chore. I store sheets "flat" (not rolled), separated by layers of cling film and compressed to keep them from rubbing.

Joe/Ben,

See the following - pic of the center of Sheet A* - which contains Boggs. This image is pretty appealing IMO due to the low angle and clouds in the background. It is one of the best photos of any player in the set.

I have a number of original sheets from the set. Getting an image of the entire sheet with meaningful detail is difficult, at best. Guys that make fakes of the DS set are getting better - but still not perfect - so I do not like to post hi res images showing the embossing. Imperfect embossing on a card is almost always the "tell" it is fake...sometimes the tell is the sheet code on the reverse, or glowback as Joe originally discovered.

For those new to the set, the DS version of Boggs only comes with the A* sheet code on the reverse.

Regards,

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boggs DS.jpg (87.2 KB, 89 views)