View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default Okay, help me understand this

Posted By: Bruce Moreland

I assumed that this card was a known restored example. If this is some other card then I don't know what is going on, but I still wouldn't touch that card for anything over $20, no offense.

I used "trimming" as an example when I asked my questions, because everyone understands that, and because trimmed cards are offered for sale every day.

I figured that if it is illegal to attempt to sell a known trimmed card without describing it as such, and this is a card that you know to be restored, that it would be illegal to attempt to sell this, which would mean that the folks who are trying to bash you for selling this would have a point, since whatever the reserve is, it would be hard to argue that putting a card up for auction is not in some way an attempt to sell it.

I would certainly think that someone should be busted for auctioning a fake Ruth ball, even if the reserve was infinity.

If you actually manage to sell it, that's a whole different deal.

If this is a standard "here is a PRO card, and hey, PRO says it's NM/MT" kind of auction, I can't comment other than to say that PRO smells as bad as a burning outhouse, same as I'd say if psa-card, or anyone else who commonly sells this stuff, sold this.

I've made a few assumptions about what is going on here, and I got involved in something that was none of my business. I did this because I feel compelled to try to do something when I see a mob forming.

If this is some sort of bizarre bogus deal, I'm going to get hosed, which is the price I pay for doing what I need to do.

I'd like to point out that if any good can come of this, it's that this will push us a little cloer to the time when everyone realizes that traffic in PRO-graded material taints everyone involved.

bruce