View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Update-
It has been two months since that horrible day where I was assaulted at home and my collection stolen. I wanted to provide an update as best as I’m allowed to without interfering with the investigation. I’m physically healed but still suffer from PTSD as lack of sleep, panic attacks and constant over reactions are part of my daily life. I have recently completed the course and have CCL but I’m still constantly still looking over my shoulder. I’ve attended a few meetings to get physiological help but stopped attending for no particular reason. My family and kids keep my spirits alive and are a mountain of support.

The authorities have been have made huge leaps in the case since day one. They are still deeply engaged in this investigation and now have all my stolen cards in a special database that they use to track, trace and pursue leads. Roughly 30-40% of my collection has been returned to authorities and remains in the evidence room until the case is closed. I’m still amazed at some of the great folks we have in our hobby despite all the negativity that I see in our industry. I’m guilty of being negative in the past about sports cards but after this horrible ordeal I’ve been through it really has ignited my faith in our hobby and the good of people.

I wanted to thank the following for voluntarily offering their help with the investigation and returning a large bulk of my collection as I can never thank these folks enough. As far as we know my collection made it across at least six states and without the cooperation of each person in those states there we be in a dead lock with the investigation.

- Andy Albert of Baseball Card Exchange along with other collectors in Indianapolis.
- Steve Hart of BBCE in Schererville, IN
- Joe of gotbaseballcards.com in GA
- James Osborne from Legendary Sports Limited in OH
- Ebay Seller Megsnbacon2014 in FL
There are many others as I will release them when I can.

I have updated my Photobucket on the front page with cards still missing and would be extremely grateful if you could help turn over any information if you have seen those cards.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/jp...?sort=3&page=1
Thanks as I will provide another update when I can. Dan

Last edited by Kid Poker; 11-03-2014 at 08:40 AM.