View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 11:59 AM
Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I have another question for you 1991 Topps collectors. I think this has been previously discussed. It is my understanding that prior to the issue of the set in packs Topps went into the market and got at least 3 full sets of each prior issue. Someone could win a complete run as the grand prize in the instant win game insert contest ( you can collect a set of the instant win cards as well. I have a set minus 3 which I think may have been single issue big winner cards....not sure). Anyone know if the grand prize was collected

I think you could also win a complete set of each the individual sets as well, right ?. Anyone know if all sets were claimed/won ?

Finally you could get individual cards inserted into the 91 packs. ( I do not think 1951 was included). The oversized cards ( 52-56) were not included as inserts and had wo be claimed with winner cards. I think some pos 56 cards with a recognized higher value at the time also had to be claimed by winner card. Not sure. Anyone know if all cards were claimed ? Wonder if some decent value cards still remain out there in unopened packs

The inserts cards I have seen, many possibly bought on the secondary market for the promotion, were not "mint" condition cards
I believe it was and it was reported in Topps magazine.

The Instant Win Sweepstakes cards with X on them were winners for various prizes. One of them turned up recently on Facebook but the seller wasn't interested in moving it. It was the first time I'd actually seen one.

I believe the vintage card redemptions are a different thing and I have yet to see a copy of any redemption. Im assuming any pulled were mailed in, the question is whether any remain in packs.

Oddball, promos and variations:http://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr