View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Sally

Thank you Ted, I really did "get" all that info from your 7 years ago archived post. You were very easy to understand and seem to be the most knowledgeable on the subject. I was unable to find anyone else that had the info you did. I suppose it helped you collected them fresh from the bags It makes me think and picture, my Dad possibly doing the same thing in '47. I know his Dad (my Granddad) was a HUGE Yankee fan and they would take trips into NY (from CT) to watch them play when my dad was a boy.
My granddad was blind by the time I was born and I remember sitting on his porch in the 60's listening to the games on his old brown Bakelite radio while he smoked his pipe and yelled at the radio.
Based on the info you "taught" me through that old thread I was able to differentiate that I did indeed have the 1947 Bond Bread Set.
No square corners here.
I had only asked you why (while any ORIGINAL bond bread cards I've seen including my set) the edges are slightly different. I had wondered if they might have been hand cut but you said die cut. Which in looking at it from outside the box makes sense that each die plate may have been slightly different making the corners slightly different depending on the die cutter.
Thank you again for all this knowledge you are willing to share. I've got a few other cards I may be inquiring about soon =)