View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
It's not a casual or causal link. And as for your defense, the actual link you posted was NOT to a peer-reviewed journal. Again, you cite no evidence of anything conclusive from a viable source that supports your claim about a link to masks.

And you also say you've spoken with mental health workers and teaching professionals. Well, I actually work with mental health workers and doctors who teach in a medical school so they are health professionals as well as educators. I have colleagues there that had committed suicide during the pandemic. I have colleagues there that got burned out after many of them dealt with tons of patients, several of whom recanted their stupidity about being anti-vax and anti-mask on their deathbeds. I will tell you that my burned-out colleagues NEVER cited mask-wearing or CO2 levels as the issue. My colleague that committed suicide did not do so over having to actually wear a mask. One last thing....I'm personally not offended by you calling a mask a "face diaper." Calling it that says more about you than about me, but hey, you seem to prefer to read into things and form your own opinions, so you keep being you. But they are masks, and they meant to keep from spreading germs, rather than doing what diapers are supposed to do. And if you are so concerned about CO2, then kindly allow your next surgical team to perform surgery on you with a mask. Some of my colleagues work long shifts in the ER, so maybe you should have a nice talk with them and allow them to eliminate an unproven or incredibly small risk of approaching "harmful" CO2 levels as they operate on you.
Citing the Chief Medical Officer for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention isn't a viable source for you? Isn't that what everyone else does - cite Tony "dog killer" Fauci and the CDC blindly? Speaking of peer-reviewed studies, where are all of the studies that provide concrete proof anything the CDC/Fauci has done/recommended has saved any lives? They simply send out their White House mouthpieces to defend their positions with generic takes. Anyways, the CMO mentioned the "pandemic's" affect on the population's mental health. That encompasses the measures enacted by the government, including masks. I've talked to speech therapists who have seen a huge uptick in speech issues in our youth since the "pandemic". I've talked to teachers who have seen social issues in our youth. Who is to be held accountable for these outcomes?

Congratulations on working in the medical field - didn't realize this was a **** measuring contest of how connected we were to our sources? I'm sure their paychecks, especially if they're working in the ER, help diminish any concerns over CO2 levels with extended mask wearing. NFL players risk CTE and all sorts of other health issues, but their paychecks diminish those concerns as well. Sorry to hear about the loss of some of your colleagues. I'm not going to get into the guilt trip attempt of anti-vax/anti-mask people recanting their beliefs, or labeling dying/dead people as "stupid" as you did.

Ask your colleagues if healthy eating, exercise, proper sleep, and less stress is a good COVID/illness prevention method. Would love to hear their takes on that, and why the White House/CDC/Fauci refused to suggest such methods.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-09-2022 at 04:12 PM.