View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 10:41 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
Citing mask-wearing as a main contributor to mental health issues and speech issues makes as much sense as attributing the slight decrease in lung cancer death rates expected in the coming years to mask wearing because people smoked less cigarrettes.

But something you also should think twice about commenting on is the paycheck of people in the medical profession, even in the ER. In fact, many on the front lines that wore masks all day and treated COVID patients both in and out of the ER made many times less than the average annual NFL salary of >$800K. And they assumed a greater perceived risk at the start of the pandemic. Even now the risks are not completely known.

...or when they spread COVID like at the Trump super-spreader events, it impacted all of us because (and I admit I am just speculating here----I have no hard data) all of us (the vaccinated and unvaccinated) will likely end up paying higher insurance rates to cover those costs.

I'm not going to waste my breath talking trying to change your mind about Fauci since I can tell you've already condemned that man. I disagree with that stance. What you should understand though, is that science evolves, sometimes over short periods like days and weeks, and opinions can and do change based on science. The guy has my respect and many of my colleagues at NIH that work directly with him. His body of work on HIV and other areas of research before COVID speak to his impact on science and health. You might do a literature search on him in your spare time if you like. Of course, if you'd rather support the folks that pushed bleach injections and ivermectin, it's still a free country!
1) One of the main learning tools for kids when it comes to speaking is visual. They watch others' mouths when they speak to help form words. This is a known fact. Take that away, and you'll see speech disorders. Add in the lack of social engagement which helps speech, and you'll see it even more. These are common sense, known facts. People didn't see smiles, etc. Masks are a detriment to development and mental health. Prove me wrong. 100% wrong.

2) I think it's despicable to call what medical professionals went through as "the front lines". I also don't think their health was much at risk. The shortage of nurses came from hospitals firing unvaxxed nurses, not a huge spike in nursing deaths. COVID isn't a killer of average healthiness or better people. Most nurses/doctors are healthy. I also talked to nurses and doctors who have said the whole thing is blown way out or proportion. So excuse me for not holding these people in the same regard as military or firefighters, etc. "Front lines"... Psh...

3) Trump super spreader events is what you're going with? I don't recall mass COVID transmission at these. You're not gonna use Obama's Martha's Vineyard party (which legitimately was a mass spreader), or National Sports Collectors Convention (if we want to be less political) as an example? Trump is who you want to target, proving you have bias in this?

4) Thank you for not wasting a breath. I wouldn't want you to rebreathe too much CO2. Ask dogs what they think of Fauci, and if he's "respectable". Oh wait... They're probably dead if he was able to get his hands on them. Better yet, ask him some questions in Chinese. I hear he's fluent. Wuhan.

Enjoy your night.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-09-2022 at 10:50 PM.