View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 12:49 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
For many of this is almost the norm.

Bordering on an addiction and also and enjoyment.

But it is an addiction and it takes alot of control
Yes, I think this is true for all of us. I think we could also say many of us border on hoarding additions.

I collected as a kid. Every Christmas, birthday, and anytime I received some fun money I would buy cards, magazines, Starting Lineup, etc. When I graduated college and came home, I suddenly had the realization: "What am I going to do with 50k penny cards from 1987 - 2004?" I did what was easiest - I donated them to the YMCA to give away to players. With every move I've gotten rid of more and more.

After that I realized to buy smarter.

I am real lucky I learned lessons about collecting before I became independent and had a family. People who started collecting since 2020, who started as adults and possibly had families, they are going to learn some hard lessons.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo