View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Ke.vin G.ray

Dan P,
As an unopened collector, for me the value is not in the potential for particular cards inside, or a hunt for PSA gradable cards. It is simply the beauty of baseball cards in their virgin form- inside their factory packaging. I have wax, cellos, and lots of racks, and I enjoy them all. Wax is pure period graphics- as the decades go, so goes the art on the packs. Cellos and racks make it possible to see particular players, not just stars but fan favorites from my childhood. I have stacks of boxes and packs on shelves, and I love them. They decorate my office, and make me happy just sitting there. I have absolutely no desire to open them. In the case of much of the 1980's product, I opened it then, and that was enough. If I want to open stuff, I open current year base Topps baseball. My wife and I still have fun putting together sets by hand, even though it is a wildly expensive prospect compared to just buying a factory set. But vintage unopened is extraordinarily expensive, but not because of the value of the cards inside- it is the rarity and desirability of the unopened pack or box itself.
kevin