View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 07:30 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Haha! Thanks......I'll take 20%.......I'm only at 50% myself....and about 45% of that is due to Trey's input.
Hey, don't blame me for you gaining confidence! I'm not THAT confident.

I admit when I first saw it, I thought no way. The staining looks odd and we've seen this story before. We've all seen the fake Tuxedo's, etc. I'm just not sure I'm ready to say that just because something has strange staining, it means it's not genuine.

Also, I'm not ready to admit that something that was intended to be in a landfill after a few months would be a common item. I just can't imagine items like this would be available by the hundreds today. We're not talking about a 1933 Goudey Ruth here. These were not something that a young kid collected and cherished, then passed down for generations. We are talking about something that a store owner would have absolutely no use for and would throw it in the trash when it was time. I'll even dare to say that there are probably many store advertisements from various companies that have completely vanished. I wouldn't find that too odd.

We're looking at a few, not so terrific, pictures from 2010. I still think it could go either way, but I'm not sure I can call it fake because it's stained and rare.