View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 10:31 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mforder View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new here so please excuse me if I take a misstep. I found this thread / site via searching the internet for 19th century baseball. The reason for my search is because of a box of papers I have which I refer to as the "Steele Box".

The "Steele Box" is from around 1870's up through the early 1890's. The box once belonged to a person named "Charles Steele". In the box there were primarily papers, unfortunately not all of them are baseball related but some are.

I see in this thread some folks are asking if there are anymore vintage baseball items to be found. I don't know if papers fall into that category but I can share some of what I have if you'd like.

The papers in the box are sort of interconnected, meaning Charles Steele was a firefighter, banker, planned excursions, theatre buff. The box has a number of subjects within it like baseball letters, receipts, a few ledgers, a few checks, schedules and so on. Most of this is local NJ and NY teams from that timeframe. The reason I say that they are interconnected is because the baseball team Mr Steele was on was a team of firefighters that played ball back then.

I did on ant to add one more things. I would like to learn more about what I have and early ball. I am also hoping folks here could help with that. Finding information out there on the internets is not easy as you must already know.

Please let me know if you would like to see some images of what I have. Here is one example which may help you to decide....
Very interesting. You'll find a lot of interested and knowledgeable people on this topic here. You found the right spot.

Last edited by drcy; 05-14-2021 at 09:14 PM.