View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 10:44 AM
Todd Schultz

"I have never seen a card set sold TWO STICKS OF GUM FOR A PENNY. That is my point"

1933 Uncle Jacks. Two sticks. And of course, the question is one of weight, not volume, as we do not know how large the pieces were. So no, nothing went over my head.

Maybe you can get together with all of your collector friends to discuss. Maybe now that the Internet is here you can show us one single Butterfinger advertisement or reference that has surfaced since 1934 that makes it "clear" that Butterfinger or even Curtiss was the sole distributor. Actually it would be helpful if you could show a single such advertisement for Butterfinger at all, beyond what are called the boxtoppers that were known from the beginning.
One. Would be nice. Anything.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 06-13-2021 at 11:18 AM.