View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I get private messages, emails from people who tell me they agree but they can't say so publicly for fear of retaliation or retribution. A number of people.

Some are scared of being singled out or banned for having an opinion that differs from the so called established line that some of these big entities like heritage have set forth as what you must believe in order to be in good graces in the collecting community. IF you disagree you have to talk the gauntlet and be on the 'outs'.

I personally have not experienced any auction house that is more unreceptive to customer concerns and unwilling to change for the better of the hobby and the collecting experience like this auction house. We aren't asking them to change the color scheme of their website or something trivial, just asking to do a modicum of research beforehand to keep the fake autographs off of the auction website. They even let these fakes go live for internet auction bidding. Why?

Chris Ivy will you come on here. no he will not, if he does, what a mriacle. he can tell collectors why these hideous autographs go up on the website.
The problem with you Travis is that you don't listen. Had you read the Heritage statement above, that was posted, you wouldn't have commented about them and the autographs on their site. They want to do it the way they are doing it, vetting after the fact. I also think it might not be the most efficient way but that is the way they do it. For you to comment the way you did means everyone is correct about you, you fail to listen.

Now, if they let auctions go up for bid that aren't good, that's a different story, and they SHOULD be pointed out. And for the record, it takes a ton to get banned from Heritage. I know Chris Ivy quite well and I can safely say that if someone questions something, in a professional manner, then they will not get banned. I think there is a lot behind you being banned...and it's not just because you politely and professionally questioned items in their auctions. Most likely it's because you incessantly pestered their executives and also called Heritage fraudulent, which they aren't. Do they, and have they, made mistakes; absolutely. Do they commit fraud, no. It's all in the way you deliver your message Travis. Almost every single person on this board points out that the way you go about your crusade is wrong. But then, you don't listen so what's the use in pointing it out? Just like this post of mine, you won't listen. Here's a hint...when everyone else is wrong, take a long hard look in the mirror, because "everyone" else usually isn't wrong. It's quite the shame too, because I am sure you are good at your niche of autographs. But many hobbyists don't realize it, or can't get to the good part of your rants, because of the way your message comes across. There are a lot of bad guys in the hobby but Heritage isn't one of them.