View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Default Why do we collect?

Posted By: Brad Freeman

I have really enjoyed reading these responses. One of the main reasons is that they are well articulated and thoughtful. In today's world it is unusual to have such a high percentage of thoughts that are so well expressed.

As for myself---I really love the history of sports, in general, and baseball the most. It was what I grew up with in the 50's and 60's. All of my friends and brothers lived and breathed baseball as soon as it was warm enought to play in our midwestern home in Wisconsin.

The Braves were the new heroes of the day, and boy, did they do a job! 1957 World Champs and 1958 National League Champs. All good stuff.

I was lucky. I got to see the Braves and the Yankees in both years in the Series. I still have the game programs that I scored and the family's ticket stubs. Dear to my heart.

I also love to find things that are both unusual and meaningful to the game. I try to collect things that are somewhat unique. Kind of the opposite of what is being produced these days.

Anyway--thanks for reading this (with great patience) and most of all: Thanks for sharing all of your insights and advice! All of you are terrific!