View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post
I was at the Reds game on Saturday which was Johnny Vander Meer double no-hitter give-away night. Know what they gave away? A lousy 8 1/2x11 one sided badly designed graphic of him. Who the heck wants that, especially when you have to carry it around the whole game? Out of all the things to commemorate the achievement which will most likely never be equaled, the Reds give a flimsy print out? As a designer and illustrator I have tried for years to help the team out with their commemoratives and give always but always get a block from the front office.

What a blown opportunity to commemorate a super-human sports record!

Here is a link to a story and drawing I did of Johnny Vander Meer and his double no-hitters

Johnny Vander Meer: Pride Of The Garden State
Gary,
Your art work is terrific! You are correct, I saw the Vander Meer giveaway that you are describing on eBay. Too bad they didn't do something cooler for the June 15th promotion.

BTW, supposedly the Cincinnati Reds Museum has a special Vander Meer exhibit going on right now. Has anyone had a chance to see it?
I called to offer the loan of some of my Vandy collection to enhance the exhibit, but I didn't even get a call or e-mail back. At least I tried...

If anyone has any pictures to share of the exhibit, I would appreciate it if you could post them. Thanks!