View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 06:03 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Might be a long shot, but if anyone has a Gehrig signed PSA authenticated pay check they might consider parting with, I'd be happy to make a trade offer. Memory Lane sold one last night for 20k and I was the underbidder. Have wanted one of these for a while.
They show up in major auctions with some regularity. You just have to be diligent in the search. The price for this one was probably as good as it gets in today's market. Obviously, they are rare. Although the provenance for a payroll check speaks for itself, I think it is wise to have the 3rd party authentication for your future heirs. I have no idea about the potential breakdown of a slab over a long period of time but I would be relatively certain that 25 years is not that time frame. After all, someone just paid $12.6 million dollars for the 1952 Topps Mantle in the same slab. Buy what you want in the medium you like would be my best advise. I hate to see threads like this become so contentious and get nasty. We are all here because we like to share and gain knowledge together. We should be able to have disagreements without getting into the gutter. Just my opinion.