View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 05:06 PM
Larry More.y

There are dozens of cards from each year that fall into this category....albeit for varying reasons. Cards like the 61 242 and 64 103 Flood were not always tough cards, until several collectors began passionately collecting copies of these two cards...this passionate collecting drove the PSA prices up.

About 15 years ago, I finished my 62 set completely graded. I can remember buying smaller lots of PSA cards in order to complete the set.

Within a week I won two 10+/- card 62 T PSA lots. One lot had a PSA 7 323 Landrum included, this card is notoriously tough in 7 or higher due to centering. Recently (15 years later) a PSA 7 sold for nearly $70, while a PSA 6 for less than $2.

The second lot had a 62 301 Cisco PSA 8 card embedded in it...at one point an 8 of this card was selling for $300+. Greg Morris recently sold a raw NM copy of this card for $32+.

In both cases these cards individually were worth more than what I paid for each lot, otherwise I would probably still need these two cards as it would have been hard to shell out that amount for these two "common" cards.

While both of these cards are "commons" undgraded, they are anything but commons graded. What is amazing is that even with submitters knowing these cards are low pops and submitting them numerous times over the years subsequently increasing the pops, the value has stayed consistent.