View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 03:04 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Bob, I agree that these photo id threads are fun. I know Dave is posting photos to show that Tinker is not the guy in the bar, but to me, his photos support my thinking that the guy in the bar is Tinker. I was glad to learn on here that I'm not the only person that thinks it's Tinker.
Yeah Rob, this is a great thread. I still don't know for sure if it is or isn't Tinker in the LOTG thread. And without some additional info or source surfacing, we'll likely never know for sure one way or the other. But with all the additional info and pictures Bryan keeps posting, I have to admit to leaning more and more to it not being Tinker in the LOTG photo.

One thing I am a bit surprised about is no one mentioning or commenting on my contribution regarding the possible height difference between Tinker and Evers. I thought that LOTG photo clearly shows Tinker as being shorter than Evers, despite them both supposedly being the same height. And then looking at the 1923 picture and using the ears and seats in the background as a reference, that photo appears to show the two of them as being about the same height, which they should be. That, to me, is an even more clear indication that they may not be the same person over the perceived differences in facial features or teeth. The photo quality and one person with a cigar in their mouth and the other without, can possibly distort or obscure things to some extent. But the height, especially when factoring in the seats behind them in the 1923 photo, is really convincing to me. Now we can't really see the chairs they are sitting on in the LOTG photo, so we can only assume they are all of equal height. Obviously, the stadium seats in the 1923 photo are all of equal height, so at least that is a given. You just have to take all these different points and factors, put them together, and then weight them in your own mind to decide if you believe it is Tinker in both photos, or not. Great stuff!