View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Brain, re-read his post. He found out about this site, he catalogued every card in vintage card prices, and by the sounds of it, to me anyways, he does understand, somewhat, something about grading. Also, and I am only assuming here, however, that in all likelihood, his father in-law likely gave/provided him with some info, possible value back then, about the cards.

In hindsight, instead of writing, "do your homework", I should have wrote, "continue doing your homework" instead.
Dale, I realize the man has truly done a lot of cataloguing, but you and I both know, in today's collecting world, he should at least get the better cards professionally graded by PSA and submitted to a reputable auction house such as Love of the Game, if he has any real hopes of maximizing the financial benefit from the collection.

Sure, he knows something about grading and mentions a couple firms, but looking closely at his statements and pleas for help and advice, he sums up that he "don't really know where to start".

Getting his cards graded and on the auction block is a service provided by Love of the Game, at a price of course, but if he allows them to get them graded, he of course will allow Love of the Game to do what they do best----provide good write-ups, photo scans of the cards, and a reputable and worthy auction experience for collectors who will definitely want part of the man's collection. My five cents. --- Brian Powell