View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 11:49 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I've never looked up WAR, probably never will. I don't really need that information, and to be honest I don't really care. I know when it is raining without asking someone what that stuff is falling from the sky.

All I'm asking is for you to give some credit to an individual that has played the game with honor and respect. Although somewhat amusing, I fail to understand why you would even make a comment that Pujols numbers that "count - whatever that means" were padded by playing with Trout:

"mostly an average player whose counting stats were padded by having Mike Trout in the lineup and always on base."

Let me absorb this a little more, hmmmmmmm, 693 home runs so far in his career - yes - that sounds pretty average to me. Is it raining outside?
Obviously his first ten years were huge, and I give him lots of credit, he was an elite player despite a long and mediocre tail to his career. That you don't care about advanced metrics is fine, but many people do. As for my observation about Trout, RBI have a lot to do with how many guys are on base when you come up. Pujols' RBI totals would have been a lot lower hitting behind a mortal. Pujols' generally mediocre performance on the Angels is old news by the way, it's been discussed forever.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-25-2022 at 11:51 AM.