View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
I've been on the Net54 platform since the very beginning and have always enjoyed it with the information, camaraderie, and many transactions. Last night I happened on a card in the BST and since it appeared still for sale, I posted a reply on the thread that I would take it. I then received emails (not through Net 54) indicating that the card was mine and giving PayPal IDs to send the money to and email them my mailing address. The problem was the emails were from 3 different people! Unbelievable! Now I received a PM through Net 54 from the person who appears to be the person who created the thread on BST but I am a little gun shy. It's a damn shame when things like this happen.
It's been happening for a few years now. I am told they are getting through the Tapatalk s/w we have installed but I am not sure of that. I agree and if I could stop them I would. All we can do is put the warnings out there. A super nice, older member whom happens to be a lawyer also, reached out to me yesterday about being scammed in the last few days, but he put it on his AMEX so will probably be ok. He said he knew it was his fault but it still happens. A damn shame it is.