View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 10:18 PM
Tim Odeen

Looking at all of your comments, here is my thinking.... I was trying to make a list of generational catchers since 1990.

1990s: Mike Piazza & Ivan Rodriguez
2000s: Joe Mauer
2010s: Buster Posey & Yadier Molina
2020s (so far): JT Realmuto

One argument for the HOF is peak performance compared to peers. Right now Realmuto has been the best offensive catcher for 5 years. Players at other positions start to get noticed around this time, and if their peak lasts 7-10 years they generally are in strong consideration for the Hall.

I do know that catchers have longevity problems. Reds have had a few who were one season wonders before getting derailed by injuries. But I'm rooting for Realmuto. His 20/20 season last year should have been the offensive story of the Phillies, but he was overshadowed by Harper playing with his elbow injury. He really helped last years WS team tremendously.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-20-2023 at 10:21 PM.