View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Like others, I find this very interesting and entertaining. Primarily because I collected minor league cards starting in around 1991 and stopped around 2001.
I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. It's fun to share these little "projects" with fellow collectors...motivates me to keep going, and makes the little victories bigger since I get to share.

I've always loved minor league sets...I have bought a LOT over the years...for autographs, for rare/interesting cards of stars, and just for fun.

Quote:
But the main reason I'm posting is to say that there is a "notable" card in the Huntington Cubs set - Amaury Telemaco. That name rang a bell and I looked him up on Baseball Reference. He pitched for around 9 years in the majors getting into over 200 games. He was a real stud with a -0.9 career WAR. I also looked into the Madison Muskies set and there is no one who stands out to me, not even Gubanich. I had to look him up, never heard of him before.
Ha ha....I guess "recognizable names" is very subjective. I consider myself a pretty informed baseball fan, and I don't recognize Telemaco. Gubanich played in the Red Sox system for a bit, so I remember him from that. He had a 0.2 career WAR in only 18 games.

Quote:
Good luck and keep posting!
Thank you again!