View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
I found the previous Net 54 post about it, don't remember seeing it before. It mentions a semi-pro team which could be the one on the postcard. I don't know that much about Stengel nor his amateur career and am not going to start endless research on it so I will graciously apologize for the misunderstanding and leave it as is.
There is no need to apologize. What you posted previously (and above) is exactly in line with what I found prior to bidding on this postcard.

Other than my own theories, I know little more than you do, but I feel that there is still research that I can do to validate those theories (or invalidate them). I have to visit northern Missouri, Iowa and Chicago, to research a baseball team I'm writing about - the Japanese Base Ball Association - so I'll just add the Kansas City Red Sox to the research list.

The bigger area of doubt, unfortunately, is whether or not the postcard is real. I tend to lean toward the negative when it comes to such things, so I'm meeting with David today to go over it in detail.