Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Dave

Default CU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I recently sold a large collection of GU bats and payment took about 7 weeks. It was not a problem because I was in no hurry and the amount was under $15k, plus communication with the AH was excellent.

After an auction closes, it can take a few weeks for all bidders to pay, another week for the last payments to clear, a week to get the items delivered to the winners, and then most reputable AHs allow a week or two for the winners to return an item, if it was misrepresented.

So I think expecting the money after just 4 weeks from auction close might not be realistic. However, there is NO excuse for poor communication, especially considering the dollar amount you're dealing with.

Good luck!!

Hi Mark,

So I know you mentioned some time back that getting paid in 4 weeks might be unrealistic and from your past experiences it took as long as 7 weeks but with excellent communication. Now I have dealt with REA and LOTG, both extremely professional, both communicated with me throughout and both paid within 4 weeks (and both six figures). Now with Crazy Uncle I am at the 5-6 week point, no money, no communication, missing many $100Ks worth of items that were never returned, etc. etc. etc...…..would you agree I should start to be concerned?