View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Default Yes Net54baseball...there is a Santa Clause!

Well, at least for me there was. Quick background, I sent off two separate packages about a week apart (in early November) to Yogi Berra's Museum to have a Larsen/Berra cover signed and a 1958 SI spring training issue that was already signed by Carey, Slaughter and McDougald signed. The Larsen/Berra was sent second but came back in just 5 days, but no SI. after a couple of weeks I emailed Tim Berra and he said he showed them both being signed and mailed back out. After 4 weeks I just figured that it got lost or torn up in the mail and I wouldn't see it again. That really bummed me out since Slaughter has long since passed and then McDougald just passed.
Anyway, I didn't get around to checking the mail till late yesterday and what do you know...it finally came, delivered by Santa himself I suspect. It was obviously opened and re-taped and then they slapped a sticker on it to not allow it on an airplane...hmmmm. By the way, I sent both packages with SASE and did everything the same.
Oh well, this made my Christmas a very good one. Hope you all got what you wanted too!!