View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 08:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Everyone can talk about how the last strike destroyed baseball for years and years. I know half the people on the board will attest that they haven't watched a game since the last strike and how baseball has never been the same.

And of course baseball has been a dying game forever.

The NY Mets were valued at less than 400M in 1995. Today they are valued at over $2.5B.

The Boston Red Sox franchise was valued at about 325M in 1995. Today worth over 3 billion.

The Yankees were valued at at less than 600M in 1995. Estimated about 4.6B today.

Something tells me these guys aren't fools.
Yeap, I am one of the ones that quit watching MLB in 1994. Same reason that time, as now, greed. Because at the end of the day it's always about money. It is what it is. That's society. And I don't begrudge either side of the bargaining for doing what they are doing. It's business.
Me not watching doesn't mean teams are bad businesses by any means. It looks like they are super profitable. But that doesn't mean I am going to watch MLB. I just don't care about it. I do love collecting vintage baseball cards though.