View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 12:37 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
If he won’t come up from 20k I bet you can find that or more elsewhere. Not a car expert but that seems to be the price he thinks he can make a profit at. I feel like there’s some value to not selling to someone you have gotten a bad feel from but money is money if you do decide to go with him.
Oh no, no profit. He and his partner gave us some Dear Aunt Sally story that just sent up red flags. If I was selling a card this would smell like a scam.

Partner sees the car in my in-laws garage, walks up and introduced himself and says - "I'm interested in your Impala." My father-in-law tells him we are looking for $25k. He looks the car over and sets up another time to come back and drive it. A day later he calls my in-laws and asks if it's okay for him to bring his friend to also look over the car. Sure that's fine. They show up, friend now announces that he's actually the buyer, but the car isn't for him, it's actually for his father who really wants a 58 Impala. Buyer looks over the vehicle, never drives it, doesn't care about the engine or mechanics, points out all the flaws (which of course we already know about), kicks the tires, and offers "$18k and not a penny more." My father-in-law declines. Buyer gives us his card and says "Call me when you're ready to sell."

My father-in-law felt hoodwinked. I heard the story and thought about all of those ebay seller descriptions selling for their great aunt Sally, I'm no expert, but I'm listing it as a replica because that's what ebay wants me to do.

We don't call. Two days later he calls and ups his offer to $19k. Two days later he calls again and ups his offer to $20k. Now my wife is telling me to call him back.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo