View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:38 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Please explain exactly what you mean.
I think that Scott is trying to say that everyone immediately saw Scoreboard, and just wrote it off as a forgery without really looking at the item. While with the AJC Dag, many people looked at it's provenance, rather than the photo itself, and just assume it's AJC(which it still may or may not be)...

He may or may not be right. Anyways, while Scoreboard originally did sell legit autos through HSN. On top of the countless number of reprinted COA's, you also had the problem of people keeping the ball that they received and returning forgeries for a refund, which were assumed to be the original ball and then re-sold by HSN with the original Scoreboard COA..

I myself have a small handful of Scoreboard balls, but I only purchased them after closely examining the signatures.. Some great deals can be gotten on the bay, simply because people assume ALL Scoreboard items are bad..

Hell, one of 'em was a Ripken that I got for under $20...Surprisingly when it came, it had an MLB authentication sticker and one of Cal's stickers as well. I'm sure glad I took a chance on that one, and that the seller mistakenly forgot to mention these stickers in his listing.. Same thing happened with a Feller ball and Bo Jackson ball(neither of which were Scoreboard though). Took a chance, got a dirt cheap price, and then arrived with unmentioned MLB holos.. Lucky me, I guess..

Last edited by novakjr; 10-29-2011 at 04:40 PM.