View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

hi,

i have some more information pertaining this.

lets list some of the facts:
  • firstly, the person selling the card goes by the name of Scott. this lines up with the name of the person on the mr.t206 user id and as Leon said, it is undoubtably the same person.
  • the listing said it is a 1910 t206 doyleny natl. there was no mention what so ever of the fact it may be a reprint, or a fake, fraud etc.
  • in contacting this person on ebay, they had told me the same story that is in the auction listing.
  • i had asked that if i was unsatisified with the card if i would be able to return it to them for a refund and he agreed to do so.
  • the person claimed to not be a collector. their username is "toppsbaseballcards"
  • the card did in fact have a bid on it. the item had a bid of 999.00 from a user with a feedback score of 7. that user had 100 percent of the items bid with userid "toppsbaseballcards". unfortunately i was unable to save a picture of this.
  • they claimed to have gotten the card at an estate auction with 10 other cards a few months back.
  • when i expressed interest, this person gave me a phone number. i dialed that number and got the generic 'this person has a voice mailbox which has not been setup yet' message, which to me sounds like the phone number was intentionally setup to be a fake number you will never be able to reach someone on again after a sale kind of thing.
  • the seller never gave me a name of the person who he claimed to have spoken with, even though i directly asked him for this piece of information.
  • i called sgc around 9:30ish/10:00am this morning as i am certian the rest of you did. they said they had a slew of other calls already and confirmed that they never made a phone call to the person.
you are all about think i am crazy after you read the next sentance:
so, after all of this.....i bought the card anyway....with my credit card(of course) for an undisclosed amount. ok bought is a strong word because it i am undecided if i will keep the card.

so after alll is said above, i think an explanation on a few things is in order:
1) did you in fact pump your own auction on ebay, on this forum as if you were not the same person, as Leon pointed out?
2) did you have someone shill your auction on ebay?
3) do you think i am going to actually keep it if it is not real?
4) why did you say that you do not collect cards and how do you explain your ebay user name? how do you explain that you are also on this forum?
5) whose phone number did you give me?

Kevin

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 05-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.