View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 12:14 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineunder71 View Post
‘Youse guys’ was new to me when I traveled back east, but y’all have no idea how common ‘y’all’ is round here

On that note: How many board members here have ever even been to New Mexico?????
I have been rock hunting in Rock Hound State Park in Deming - Found petrified wood and opals.

I camped in Las Cruces and came face to face with a mountain lion at night - he ran away when I shined a light on him.

I was preparing my lecture on the Confederate Invasion of New Mexico in 1862. Visited La Mesilla, Fort Craig, Valverde battle site, Glorietta Pass.

Visited the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe to see the exhibit on that campaign including the skeletons and relics of several Union soldiers found near Glorietta. Also went to Forked Lightning Ranch, formerly owned by actress Greer Garson, which was the site of the Union HQ for the Battle of Glorietta Pass.

Went through Truth or Consequences.

Visited Gila Cliff Dwellings National Park - late in the day so did not go into the ruins.

Camped in Raton in the rain.

How is that?

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”