View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post

A lot of the finds that Mr Mint and others of his ilk found back in the day would have been better off being found by almost any person other than them... If I remember the story I heard correctly he found a bunch of 1949 Leaf Short-Print boxes and then [ridiculously] opened all the packs looking for Paige's cards! They survived that long only to be opened!!! Can you imagine what those packs would sell for still in their unopened state? I personally feel the hobby would have been better off had he never ventured into the baseball card world.

Here is a single pack that somehow survived Mr Mint opening the packs...
https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=44356

Just a ridiculously stupid thing to do to open all those sealed packs from 1949!!!
According to True Mint, he bought four boxes. He opened two, because he really wanted the Paige card, but he didn't get a single one. He sold the other two boxes to Jim Copeland who opened them and got THREE Paige cards! OUCH!! I would have been so pissed if that had happened to me! Anyhow, Rosen wasn't the only guy who opened these boxes. I think anyone would have opened them. Remember, this was over thirty years ago.