View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 09:19 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
damn Bob!!!

MY most significant cards from a financial standpoint would be my ruths and cobbs. I consider my dots miller run to be significant as a depiction of the world outside of T206.
LOL, thanks. Always picked up things when I thought it was a decent price, but didn't focus on just stars/HOFers, and clearly look at mostly lower graded items that are affordable. I've always done the polar opposite of what the "smart" collectors always seem to say, and have collected quantity over quality. Figured this type of survey question would be good for similar minded collectors as well. I'm sure there are many others like me out there.

Oh, and the #4 question regarding significant items you own isn't strictly a "most valuable card "question. Many things can be significant, but not necessarily as expensive as other items due to such rarity or lack of general knowledge regarding a particular item. For instance, I've seen your Dots Miller card run with the weird looking oversize glove on it, and it is super impressive. I also know from completing my own E102 set that that Miller card from the E102 set is almost impossible to find, and thus a somewhat significant card. Not as familiar with every set you have one of those Miller cards for, but I'll bet that E102 Miller was a little tougher to get than many of the others.

Great to hear about your collection and what you have. (And thank goodness I only listed sets I have 75% or more of, and only talking pre-war, or I'd probably still be typing. LOL)